liquidwar-user

[liquidwar-user] Viruses

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: [liquidwar-user] Viruses
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 20:53:45 +0100

Hi,

As many of you may have seen, viruses have been sent seeming to come
from me, point is of course I didn't send them. Maybe my Linux box is
infected but I doubt it since 1) that kind of virus is very
windows-stylish, UNIX security holes are more often "trojan horses" and
are mostly server related 2) some mails where sent while my machines
were shut down.

My opinion is that someone that has both address@hidden and
address@hidden in his address book is sending these mails.
I'll investigate my config to check up if I'm really safe, but I
recommend everybody on this list to check for weird software on his
computer(s).

Meanwhile I've limited the allowed mime types of mails sent on the list,
this should prevent virus from spreading here, by disallowing most
attached documents.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

--