liquidwar-user

Re: [liquidwar-user] Viruses

From: Martin Renold
Subject: Re: [liquidwar-user] Viruses
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 07:38:42 +0100

Hi

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 08:53:45PM +0100, Christian Mauduit wrote:
> As many of you may have seen, viruses have been sent seeming to come
> from me, point is of course I didn't send them. Maybe my Linux box is
> infected but I doubt it since 1) that kind of virus is very
> windows-stylish, UNIX security holes are more often "trojan horses" and
> are mostly server related 2) some mails where sent while my machines
> were shut down.

No need for you to be concerned, I think. It's just another windows virus
(on many other mailinglists too), it prooves that the windows version of
liquidwar is getting downloaded :)

It may not even be an address book entry... I've received a virus with
the README.txt of an old DOS-Game of mine attached (plus a .exe) and it
was addressed from my friend to me but none of us sent it (ip in the
headers!). The two email addresses were found in the README.txt close
together.

Probably it just scanned list emails lying around on the infected
machine.

bye,
Martin