lmi

Re: [lmi] Grid-bases census view editor UI questions

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Grid-bases census view editor UI questions
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 21:29:49 +0000

On 2019-06-24 21:29, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:

>  Trying to implement a wxGrid-based UI for the census view editor, I've
> realized that I'm not really sure how is it supposed to work, from the user
> point of view. The main question I have is about selection: in the current
> UI, the selection unit is a row, and at least one (but possibly more) row
> is always selected.
I just noticed that it's not actually true that "at least one...row is
always selected", at least not with 'wine'. Demonstration:

  File | New | Census
  left-click one centimeter below the selected row

I say "one centimeter below", but you can click anywhere in the census
child window's client area except the selected row, and the result
should be the same.

I don't think anyone has ever complained about this. That implies that
wxGrid's default behavior shouldn't cause any complaint...unless this
is a 'wine' anomaly, which would be really weird.