lmi

Re: [lmi] PATCH: tests build fixes for clang

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] PATCH: tests build fixes for clang
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2021 23:13:01 +0000

On 3/7/21 9:58 PM, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
[...]
>  But my change was indeed wrong, LMI_GCC can't be used in pchfile_wx.hpp
> because it's included before config.hpp. The simplest fix would be to undo
> the change to this file, but I wonder if I should add a gcc version check
> instead: it seems that these particular -Wzero-as-null-pointer-constant
> occurrences were due to a bug which was fixed in gcc 9 and later, so
> perhaps we should only disable this warning for gcc < 9 and remove it once
> we require a later gcc version? Or should we keep things simple and disable
> it always?
>
>  What would you prefer?

I'd like to get the bulk of this changeset committed and pushed soon.
It's about 23:00Z now, which might be late for you, living so close
to the prime meridian, so I propose to reset to just before your last
commit, retest everything, and push if successful. Then you can rework
that last commit at your leisure, and I'll handle it likewise, later.

It looks like we once suppressed many warnings in 'pchfile_wx.hpp',
and have progressively suppressed the suppression of most. I'll take
it on faith that the last remaining one is a gcc-8 defect; in that
case, conditionalizing it on the gcc version sounds ideal to me.
But we don't need to deal with that tonight.