lmi

Re: [lmi] Can't get GUI test to run for pc-linux-gnu

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Can't get GUI test to run for pc-linux-gnu
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 23:00:34 +0100

On Thu, 18 Mar 2021 23:55:12 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

GC> I feel certain that lmi's GUI tests passed for pc-linux-gnu at
GC> some time in the not-too-distant past,

 Yes, I'm almost certain they did. We wanted to enable them in the CI
build, but there were some sporadic failures there that we've never quite
tracked down, so we didn't do it...

GC> but now they fail for me:

 And me too. And this is not specific to the "about_dialog_version" test
case, other tests fail as well.

GC> I think that's just saying that an exception wasn't caught,
GC> and the output continues:

[FWIW, IMHO this is one of those circumstances when it would have been
 useful to do "LMI_NO_EXCEPTION_DUMP=1 ./wx_test" to suppress all the
 extra expression backtraces output]

GC> Vadim--Have you seen this?

 Yes, and I hope to fix this soon, but as I still haven't done it almost a
week later, I've decided to finally reply to this message to at least let
you know that I was working on this.

 I also hate to whine (you wouldn't think so judging from the frequency
with which I do it, but I'm really doing my worst here, believe me), but
I'd like to ask you once again if you could please merge the PR fixing the
tests with autotools and adding them to the CI builds from
https://github.com/let-me-illustrate/lmi/pull/174 as I'd like the PR fixing
this problem to also add running the GUI test under Linux in the CI builds
and for this it would, of course, be better if the previous tests didn't
fail, as they do now.

 Thanks in advance!
VZ