lmi

Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master bdeeca5c 5/5: Improve technique to displa

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master bdeeca5c 5/5: Improve technique to display disabled warnings
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 00:00:00 +0000

On 6/12/22 17:32, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Jun 2022 21:34:06 -0400 (EDT) Greg Chicares
> <gchicares@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
[...]
> GC> commit bdeeca5cfa88c34057f74364601af613ccbb7ccf
> GC>
> GC>     Improve technique to display disabled warnings
[...]
>  I thought I had already advertised this here, but either it was only in a
> private email (that I've since forgotten about) or I only wanted to do it
> and did not, because I can't find it in the list archives, so let me repost
> a link to my small project which might be handy:
>
>       https://github.com/vadz/gcc-warnings-tools
>
> and direct links to the tables generated by it:
>
>       https://github.com/vadz/gcc-warnings-tools/wiki/gcc-warnings
>       https://github.com/vadz/gcc-warnings-tools/wiki/all-gcc-warnings

Yes, I remember, and they seem to be popular, as they appeared early
in the results of whatever web search I conducted.

> I mostly refer to these tables to check when a particular warning was added
> when enabling or disabling it, but for lmi, which uses a fixed (and pretty
> recent) compiler version, it can probably be useful mostly to see any
> warnings added in a new gcc release.

Yes, certainly.

>  Please let me know if you find these tables useful but lacking something,
> it should be simple enough to add it to them.

The question I really want to ask, from time to time, is: given
whatever gcc versions I'm currently using for GNU/Linux and msw,
with whatever options are currently specified in the makefiles,
have I missed any that would be helpful?

I don't think it's possible to create any static table can answer
questions like that.