lmi

Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master bdeeca5c 5/5: Improve technique to displa

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master bdeeca5c 5/5: Improve technique to display disabled warnings
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 02:06:57 +0200

On Mon, 13 Jun 2022 00:00:00 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

GC> On 6/12/22 17:32, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> > On Sat, 11 Jun 2022 21:34:06 -0400 (EDT) Greg Chicares
<gchicares@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
GC> [...]
GC> > GC> commit bdeeca5cfa88c34057f74364601af613ccbb7ccf
GC> > GC>
GC> > GC>     Improve technique to display disabled warnings
GC> [...]
GC> >  I thought I had already advertised this here, but either it was only in a
GC> > private email (that I've since forgotten about) or I only wanted to do it
GC> > and did not, because I can't find it in the list archives, so let me
repost
GC> > a link to my small project which might be handy:
GC> >
GC> >   https://github.com/vadz/gcc-warnings-tools
GC> >
GC> > and direct links to the tables generated by it:
GC> >
GC> >   https://github.com/vadz/gcc-warnings-tools/wiki/gcc-warnings
GC> >   https://github.com/vadz/gcc-warnings-tools/wiki/all-gcc-warnings
GC>
GC> Yes, I remember,

 Sorry, I was sure that I did mention it, too, but I don't trust my memory
since quite a long time and decided to repost in case it was playing tricks
on me again.

GC> The question I really want to ask, from time to time, is: given
GC> whatever gcc versions I'm currently using for GNU/Linux and msw,
GC> with whatever options are currently specified in the makefiles,
GC> have I missed any that would be helpful?
GC>
GC> I don't think it's possible to create any static table can answer
GC> questions like that.

 Now that we have apparently sentient chat bots, it should be possible to
write one that would propose you the warnings to enable. But maybe I should
start with one choosing the clang-tidy hints, as this is a similar problem
that I still haven't managed to solve on my own...

VZ