lmi

Re: [lmi] PATCH: Update wxWidgets and the other submodules

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] PATCH: Update wxWidgets and the other submodules
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 19:19:28 +0200

rOn Thu, 30 Jun 2022 15:27:00 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

GC> On 6/29/22 22:48, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> >
GC> >  This is the long, long, long promised patch updating lmi to use the
latest
GC> > wxWidgets, which is about to be released (in a week, hopefully) as 3.2.0.
GC> > The PR https://github.com/let-me-illustrate/lmi/pull/220 containing these
GC> > changes corresponds to xanadu/wx-3.2-and-related-updates branch using your
GC> > nomenclature and contains several other changes
GC>
GC> I did this:
GC>
GC>   git remote add xanadu     https://github.com/vadz/lmi.git
GC>   git fetch --all
GC>   git cherry-pick ..xanadu/wx-3.2-and-related-updates
GC>
GC> and rebuilt everything by running 'install_msw.sh'. That
GC> seemed to succeed, so I pushed everything.

 Thanks for applying it so quickly! This was quite anticlimactic
considering the time making this PR had taken, but there is always fear^W
hope that there will be more excitement when you start actually testing it,
of course.

GC> >  Other commits could be applied separately later if you prefer, but I've
GC> > bundled even independent commits such as xmlwrapp submodule update into
the
GC> > same PR/branch, thinking that you might prefer to test all of the changes
GC> > at once.
GC>
GC> However, the xmlwrapp submodule still shows as "modified", even
GC> though it seemed to build successfully:
GC>
GC> /opt/lmi/src/lmi[0]$git status
GC> On branch master
GC> Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.
GC>
GC> Changes not staged for commit:
GC>   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
GC>   (use "git restore <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
GC>   (commit or discard the untracked or modified content in submodules)
GC>         modified:   third_party/xmlwrapp (untracked content)

 The "untracked content" indicates that there are some untracked files in
this submodule, to see them you can run "git status" from the submodule
directory. I suspect they're just some autoconf-generated files that are
not properly ignored. Perhaps "configure~" that I had already complained
about (and now just ignore globally, i.e. in ~/.gitignore)?

GC> Here's the submodule update from my logs:

 Everything looks good here too and the CI builds pass, so from my point of
view everything is great.

 Thanks again!
VZ