lmi

[lmi] PATCH: Update wxWidgets and the other submodules

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: [lmi] PATCH: Update wxWidgets and the other submodules
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 00:48:32 +0200

 Hello,

 This is the long, long, long promised patch updating lmi to use the latest
wxWidgets, which is about to be released (in a week, hopefully) as 3.2.0.
The PR https://github.com/let-me-illustrate/lmi/pull/220 containing these
changes corresponds to xanadu/wx-3.2-and-related-updates branch using your
nomenclature and contains several other changes, which I've tried to
describe in the corresponding commit messages that I won't duplicate here.
But, of course, I'd be glad to answer any questions about them you might
have.

 One thing I'd like to say is that the commits are mostly, but not
completely, independent:

1. You have to update wxPdfDoc when updating wxWidgets as the currently
   used wxPdfDoc version doesn't compile with wx 3.1.6 or later. But there
   are few changes in wxPdfDoc, so updating it should be quite safe. One
   of these changes is our own patch, submitted (and merged) a long time
   ago, which allows to revert an ugly workaround for a wxPdfDoc problem
   in lmi code, which can be reverted after wxPdfDoc update.

2. Once DPI awareness is enabled by the corresponding commit, you need to
   apply the commit with the changes to icon_monger too to get the optimal
   (as far as possible without providing the high resolution versions of
   the bitmaps) behaviour.

 Other commits could be applied separately later if you prefer, but I've
bundled even independent commits such as xmlwrapp submodule update into the
same PR/branch, thinking that you might prefer to test all of the changes
at once.

 Speaking of testing, I did test lmi with all the changes here and didn't
find any regressions. The appearance when using high DPI is not perfect
yet, but it is, at least, noticeably better than before. Of course I could
have missed something, so please let me know if you find any problems.

 And thanks in advance for looking at this!
VZ