lmi

Re: [lmi] depr.impldec

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] depr.impldec
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 16:39:15 +0000

On 7/15/22 15:56, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2022 21:23:36 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
[...]
> If you haven't
> seen it already, Sean Parent's talk about inheritance is one of the very
> few videos (i.e. not article, but something that I'm ready to recommend
> even in this form) about C++ that I believe are well worth watching:
>
>       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIhUE5uUFOA

ῥίζα γὰρ πάντων τῶν κακῶν ἐστιν ἡ φιλαργυρία

If you know the etymologies of
  rhizome pantograph cacophony philosophy argyria
then Greek is a base class of English.

Thanks, I'll watch it.

> GC> I'm not ready to cast a vote yet. What do you think?
>
>  I'd prefer to abstain, if I have such a possibility. If I had absolutely
> no other concerns and things to do, I would have done the refactoring, but
> I'll be the first to admit that it doesn't gain us that much and, as any
> non-trivial change, has a chance to break something, and so I'm not sure at
> all about the risk/benefit balance here. You are better placed to estimate
> it, so I think this decision should be yours.

I'll count that as half a vote each way, and I vote for at least
trying to fix it, so the "ayes" have it.

If I can complete the change in a reasonable amount of time, we
can have another vote on whether it's good enough to merge.

We're now testing a major wx upgrade anyway, and the incremental
extra cost of testing this is small if we do it now.