lmi

Re: [lmi] depr.impldec

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] depr.impldec
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 18:49:32 +0200

On Fri, 15 Jul 2022 16:39:15 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

GC> On 7/15/22 15:56, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> > On Thu, 14 Jul 2022 21:23:36 +0000 Greg Chicares
<gchicares@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
GC> [...]
GC> > If you haven't
GC> > seen it already, Sean Parent's talk about inheritance is one of the very
GC> > few videos (i.e. not article, but something that I'm ready to recommend
GC> > even in this form) about C++ that I believe are well worth watching:
GC> >
GC> >   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIhUE5uUFOA
GC>
GC> ῥίζα γὰρ πάντων τῶν κακῶν ἐστιν ἡ φιλαργυρία

 I can read (but not understand, at least not on my own) that!

GC> If you know the etymologies of
GC>   rhizome pantograph cacophony philosophy argyria
GC> then Greek is a base class of English.

 And it clearly has protected members, as any attempt to use an Englishman
via a pointer to his Greek roots would be certainly ill-advised.

GC> We're now testing a major wx upgrade anyway, and the incremental
GC> extra cost of testing this is small if we do it now.

 I'm half-relieved, half-surprised that I haven't heard of any bugs.

 Does this mean that the testing hasn't started yet?
VZ