lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] fragmentation failure with stm32 if length > 1704

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] fragmentation failure with stm32 if length > 1704
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 12:35:17 +0100

ranran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've solved this issue after increasing size as was suggested here. Thanks !
> (The issue was also posted here:
> https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BozSc5SQE/ethernet-fragmentation-issues)
>
> Yet, whenever lwip receives (from PC) big packet , above its limit, it gets
> into exception as was described above.

I didn't quite get the post which seemed to suggest to increase some size, but
this still seems like a driver issue. lwIP does *not* in general have problems
with this!

> This seems like a high security issue.

Yes, it is!

> Any idea how it can be solved ?

Fix your driver :-)

Maybe your MAC just accepts jumbo packets? The idea of fragmentation is that
jumbo packets are split into multiple packets of 1514 bytes max each...

Regards,
Simon