lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Sharing TCP port

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Sharing TCP port
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 19:53:09 +0100

Am 16.03.2021 um 16:45 schrieb Indan Zupancic:
> But I doubt lwIP had in mind anyone wanting to share a listen
> port with TCP outgoing connecting sockets on the same port.
> It may or may not work by accident, but you may need to tweak
> some checks in lwIP's code before it works.
>
> But again: Why?!

That pretty much sums it up. Something with SO_REUSEADDR or SO_REUSEPORT
might work in the socket API (and thus somhow in the netconn API), but
I'm not sure. That's just not what TCP is used like nowadays.

The TCP standard even handles "simultaneous open" but this is another
thing we don't support as noone seems to care...

Regards,
Simon