LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 hangs on SGI IRIX

From: Alan Rooks
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 hangs on SGI IRIX
Date: 26 Oct 1996 19:23:48 U

Hi.  I've done all of the configs, and done "make sgi", and the
binary hangs.  The symptoms are that the start page is read in,
but lynx hangs right after it says, "Data transfer complete".  If
I immediately hit ^C, the page is displayed, then lynx says,
"Exiting via interrupt: 2".  If I try hitting some characters, the
whole thing locks up, and I have to kill -9 it.

I'm running IRIX 5.3.  It isn't clear from any of the docs, which
version of IRIX is supported, or which is targetted by the "sgi"
target type.

It looks like it might be a select() problem, so I tried compiling
with -DSVR4_BSDSELECT in the flags for both the library and lynx.
This didn't help.  Same symptoms.  Since IRIX 5.3 is SVR4-derived
(among other things; it's quite a mongrel), I tried compiling with
the generic svr4 target.  Still no go -- same hang, and when I kill
it, it gets an internal error... not too surprising.

I don't see anything in the PROBLEMS file.  Any suggestions, or
previous experience with IRIX 5.3?

Thanks in advance,

Alan Rooks
address@hidden