Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 hangs on SGI IRIX

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 hangs on SGI IRIX
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 20:36:03 -0500 (EST)

Alan Rooks <address@hidden>
>Hi.  I've done all of the configs, and done "make sgi", and the
>binary hangs.  The symptoms are that the start page is read in,
>but lynx hangs right after it says, "Data transfer complete".  If
>I immediately hit ^C, the page is displayed, then lynx says,
>"Exiting via interrupt: 2".  If I try hitting some characters, the
>whole thing locks up, and I have to kill -9 it.
>
>I'm running IRIX 5.3.  [...]

        Try running it with -trace and capturing the trace output
to see what it's done up to the hang, and perhaps any useful
diagnosic messages.

        Is it happening for all startfile URLs, i.e., are you
sure it's not a problem with the HTML in your startfile?

        Is v2.6 your first Lynx, or did you have earlier versions
of Lynx working with IRIX 5.3?

                        Fote