Re: LYNX-DEV warning: applets flying about

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV warning: applets flying about
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 09:53:19 -0800

Larry W. Virden wrote:

> I wonder if it would be better to investigate a technology for embedding
> safe languages in the page in an embedded generic object sense rather than
> focusing on Java and Javascript, which are frequently less useful to the
> lynx user because of the use for implementing features that are GUI in
> nature.  I know that's not _always_ the case, but it is more frequently
> the case.

I am fighting a losing battle with the docs people at SCO.  They're
designing the documentation for the next major release with bazillions
of frames, JavaScript everywhere, tables, frames, more frames, and did I
mention frames?

All this to obfuscate what started out as perfectly good text
documentation.

Anyway, they're using lots of JavaScript for lots of non-graphical
purposes.  The new doc set would therefore be marginally less unreadable
[now there's a worthwhile goal...] if Lynx supported JavaScript.

:-(

>Bela<
;
;