Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx ac-0.49

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx ac-0.49
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 18:20:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Wayne Buttles wrote:

> I just put up Win32 and 386 versions of Lynx 2-7-1ac-0.49 on fdisk.  They
> are linked off the http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm page which
> reflects the change.
>
> These compiles are very untested.  There are also no specific PC
> improvements, however, both the w32 and 386 versions should support the

I haven't been able to test recent code for DOS until Wayne's tip about
the stubedit fix for djgpp. The main fix that I have found needed for
functionality on DOS is to ifdef out all the "chmod 600" lines that were
put in for security. The djgpp version of chmod doesn't understand octal
notation (for that matter, DOS doesn't really understand permissions);
these changes make the files unusable by lynx. I compiled version ac-0.38
yesterday with chartrans, and it seems to work after the chmod changes.
I'll try to check the more recent code and post a patch with the DOS
changes soon.
                              Doug
__
Doug Kaufman