Re: LYNX-DEV last call: LBO home page update

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV last call: LBO home page update
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 22:55:25 -0500 (EST)

980312 Al Gilman wrote:
> There is a draft revision for the start page at  lynx.browser.org :
>   http://www.access.digex.net/~asgilman/lynx/browser.org/home2-8.html
> I will revise this if people can suggest improvements.
> Barring that I will ask Rob Partington to install it.
-- snip --

     * If you are encountering difficulty with Lynx you may write to
       address@hidden

shouldn't this be a link?  maybe there's a reason why not, of course.

                              The developers definitely want to hear if
       you have trouble with the current version of the code. Trouble
       reports from earlier versions are listened to politely; many
       trouble spots have been fixed in later releases.

couldn't we be more blunt with the last sentence?  we get a lot of people
asking for help with 2-4-2B etc, who tend to be told (certainly by me):
"that's hopelessly out-of-date, goto ... & get the latest ... ".
we should also tell them to give full detail, which many don't do first time.
how about:

           The developers ... of the code.
        Trouble reports should give as much detail as you can.
        If you are using an older version, you will probably be advised
        to update to the current one.