Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx question: frames and <object>

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx question: frames and <object>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 09:49:29 -0500

Al Gilman wrote:

> Lynx displays both the frames as links and the contents of the
> <NOFRAMES> section.  Given that competently done <NOFRAMES>
> sections are in the minority, and not syntactically verifiable
> to be such, it is probably best that Lynx continue to do this.

Is it generally felt that folks trying to write proper html should
be penalized for it?  I guess I am surprised.  I would myself rather
see lynx have some 'smarts' that indicates that if a noframes section
is present, it is displayed, with a key sequence to display the
frames as links if the user so wishes (perhaps with a per user
option of showing them if they so desire).

--
<URL:mailto:address@hidden> Quote: In heaven, there is no panic,
<*> O- <URL:http://www.teraform.com/%7Elvirden/> only planning.