Re: http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0498/msg00410.html Lynx & Wi

From: Michael Sokolov
Subject: Re: http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0498/msg00410.html Lynx & Wind
Date: Fri, 22 May 98 12:26:21 -0400

Doug Kaufman <address@hidden> wrote:
> As far as I know, no one has ever gotten this to work. If you have tried
> this and were successful, please post to the list how you did this.

See below.

> The
> DOS port of lynx is dependent on packet drivers which don't function
> properly in a DOS box.

First of all, I'm not going to waste another minute of my time on this unless
you immediately stop saying "Windows DOS box" and start saying "DOS386 VM".
Running "WIN" is NOT the only way to load DOS386, and you CAN have DOS386 VMs
that are not Windows DOS boxes. For system-level stuff we are talking about it
doesn't matter a bit whether your VM is the System VM, a VM created by the
WSHELL virtual device (a Windows DOS box), or a VM created by some other
virtual device (e.g., a user session in my upcoming MultiDOS operating system).

As for packet drivers, one must be DOS386-aware in order to function in DOS386
VMs. I don't know which of the common drivers are and which are not.

Sincerely,
Michael Sokolov
Phone: 440-449-0299
ARPA Internet SMTP mail: address@hidden