Re: lynx-dev GNKSA review of Lynx 2.8

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev GNKSA review of Lynx 2.8
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 08:59:29 +0100 (BST)

> Please try your tests on TRN (version 4).

I am pretty sure that the GNKSA people are well aware of trn and consider
it to be one of the best.  They created it a couple of years ago in
response to the large number of glossy windows newsreaders which messed
up the basic requirements because they weren't as marketable as the windows
interface, and also the tail end of the QWK gateways, which were infamous
for breaking threading, etc.

TRN was, I think, used as a model in creating the check list in the
first place.