Re: lynx-dev Always accept cookies?

From: brian j. pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Always accept cookies?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 07:56:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Ismael Cordeiro wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Aug 1998 address@hidden wrote:
>
> > After digging around extensively, I find that this feature almost
> > certainly does not exist in Lynx 2.8.  You can turn cookies *off*
> > permanently with "SET_COOKIES:FALSE" or -cookie, but you cannot turn
> > them *on* permanently with the opposite.
>
> Yes, it exists. The ACCEPT_ALL_COOKIES lynx.cfg variable was introduced in
> the 2.8.1dev19 version (1998/07/31).

The name has since been changed to "accept all cookies", but if anyone out
there is using 2.8 and doesn't want to upgrade to the dev series to use this
option, I have an old version of my patch (against 2.8rel2) on my page, at
<URL:http://www.psnw.com/~posterkid/code/lynx-eat_all_cookies.patch>.

This adds an EAT_ALL_COOKIES:{TRUE,FALSE} option to the lynx.cfg and
.lynxrc, and -eat_all_cookies to the commandline, to do just what you're
describing. Don't get too used to typing it, though, because the name has
been changed in the dev series.

--
GPG & PGP public keys: <URL:http://www.psnw.com/~posterkid/keys/>
PGP fingerprint: 42 57 B3 D2 39 8E 74 C3  5E 4D AC 43 25 D2 26 D4