Re: lynx-dev [2.8.1dev22] patch0.2: Internal HTML pages; rewrite

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev [2.8.1dev22] patch0.2: Internal HTML pages; rewrite
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 11:46:52 -0400 (EDT)

in

http://www.access.digex.net/~asgilman/lynx/fixes/

you can find a draft modification of the Lynx User's Guide to use
mnemonic anchor names.

[Based on 22.  It has a BASE indication it should lose before
inclusion in the distribution. I will generate a diff if
everybody likes it and that's what you want, Tom.]

I did not address any of your changes yet and am unlikely to for
ca. two weeks.  This change is _nearly_ content-free; I did
fiddle just a few words dealing with the use of #id like #name in
href's, in the Quotes paragraph.

BTW I did grandfather in the old numbers by making them ID values
on the h2's.  People with existing links to paragraphs by number
should be able to migrate them to the mnemonics at their
convenience.

Al