lynx-dev Re: [2.8.1dev22] patch0.2: Internal HTML pages; rewrite

From: Sinan Kaan Yerli
Subject: lynx-dev Re: [2.8.1dev22] patch0.2: Internal HTML pages; rewrite
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 21:22:51 +0100

(26/08/1998 11:46) Al Gilman:

>in
>
>http://www.access.digex.net/~asgilman/lynx/fixes/
>
>you can find a draft modification of the Lynx User's Guide to use
>mnemonic anchor names.

Uh, oh... I was working on '--enable-compressed-help'. I should have
mentioned before attacking the subject. Anyway, I managed to patch them
together.

To be able to do a robust and future exploitable help files, we have to
have '.html_' versions of help files _with_ all href="..." turned into
'sed'able strings, i.e
is converted into

I did this on all help files and I was editing 'makefile.in' for
converting .html_ to .html(.gz).

Can we fix compression program as 'gzip' (thus extension '.gz')?
Otherwise lots of if has to be in the makefile.

BTW, at the moment I grab the configured 'gzip' path from config.cache
for compression. I think GZIP_PATH can be obtained from configure,
right? This needs again an update in configure which I can not do it.
Tom which variable can I use for gzip?

ps: I also marked some of the http: urls in the help files. But it
dependent on my judgement (see attachment). If you think more (or less)
has to be in, then please send me the name of the help file and url, then
I can update them as well.

I will wait for some answers before I submit the patch...

Sinan.
--
Sinan Kaan Yerli <address@hidden>