lynx-dev Re: [2.8.1dev22] patch0.2: Internal HTML pages; rewrite

From: Sinan Kaan Yerli
Subject: lynx-dev Re: [2.8.1dev22] patch0.2: Internal HTML pages; rewrite
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 03:00:16 +0100

(26/08/1998 21:27) Webmaster Jim:

>Also plan for recovery in the case of a Lynx binary being moved to a
>system where gzip does not exist, or is in a different location.

Done already. Here is the part from 'makefile.in':

+ ## Compression program and its corresponding extension.
+ ## These will be used when --enable-compress-help is set by configure.
+ ## Leave *both* empty if you don't want to compress help files.
+ COMPRESS_PROG=
+ COMPRESS_EXT=

They are empty by default. When you do 'configure --enable-compress-help'
it will figure out where the compression program is and its extension.
If it fails they have to be left empty.

I could not write this 'where is (gzip|compress)' because I don't have
autoconfig.

All the rest is taken care off by the new 'install-help' macro in
makefile.

Is the language of the above addition correct?

Sinan.