Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1 release

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.1 release
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 18:09:53 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Philip Webb <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 17:31:50 -0400 (EDT)
> > 2) If not, when will it be out?
>
> my guess would be a couple of months,
> since there have been many recent additions which need fully testing.

I think it would be good to put one out sooner.
It is not necessary to use some of the shakier features
(such as forms options and whatever else).
What features are you worried about?
I think it is more important to get a bugfix release out for 2.8 than
spend 2 months adding new features.

> > is there any of that developer versions (higher than 21)
> > that would be more recommendable for installation.
>
> the latest is  dev.24  (out today), with  25  expected soon.
> get it from  ftp://www.slcc.edu/pub/lynx/current .

Why not limit dev25 to bugfixes and put it
out as the new release sooner (say mabe next week)?
--le