Re: lynx-dev Re: when, where, why "kb/sec"?

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: when, where, why "kb/sec"?
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 12:35:57 -0700

Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> I feel the only question here:
> is it good enouth to have both "KB" and "kb/s" in the same line...
> (they have common 1024 denominator, of cause).

The patch I submitted changes them both to "KB", which is the correct
abbreviation according to my conventions ("k" = 1000, "K" = 1024, when
talking about computer storage; and "b" = bits, "B" = bytes; thus the
unit being measured is "Kilobytes" or 1024-byte units).  That is, if you
patch it to display K rather than bytes -- which, I remind you, I did
not provide any user interface to do.