Re: lynx-dev internationalization

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev internationalization
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 07:16:31 -0500 (EST)

> I wonder, why not to insert gettext() in every message in LYMessages.en.h
> with the renaming file to LYMessages.h at the initial stage without global
> expanding of messages back to the C source, it was more maintainable at
> least.

again - that's what I'm doing.  but there's a lot of strings that aren't
#define'd in LYMessages_en.h -- JES's version finds many of them, and I'm
adding a few, both to LYMessages_en.h and to the inline stuff (if I stop
to #define every string I see, it'll take a week).

Once done, it'll be simple to grep the result for 'gettext' and think about
how best to proceed.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden