Re: lynx-dev LYNX: cursor showing strangely on screen in newest version

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: cursor showing strangely on screen in newest version
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 20:19:24 +875200

On Thu, Dec 31, 1998, Klaus Weide <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Dec 1998, Michael Warner wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 29, 1998, David Combs <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > When I "j" down the screen, from one link to the next, the screen
> > > shows it strangely, as a black rectangle maybe 6 chars wide.
> > >
> > > Sometimes at the left edge of the screen, sometimes at the right edge.
>
> I don't understand that description at all.  What is "it"?

        [...]

> > too closely.  Klaus probably knows, I think he played a
> > leading role ....
>
> I don't know if that has anything to do with it, since I don't
> understand what the problem is.  But maybe Tom is on the right track.

The highlighted area for the current link isn't lining up with
the link text.  The highlighted area might be completely on an
adjacent line, or might include part of the link text and some
adjacent part of the screen.

I don't trust my memory all that far, but I think a similar
problem came up in the last few months in reference to displaying
hidden or malformed links on one of lynx's internal pages.  And
there are hidden links on David's problem page.

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>