Re: lynx-dev Archive: HTML format

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Archive: HTML format
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 09:34:18 -0600 (CST)

Amazingly enough Klaus Weide said:
> It also seems that mhonarc insets by default comments of the form
> at the beginning of each document.  I am thinking of using those for
> getting the kind of information that is missing.  But I don't know
> how reliable that is, and it's only one package's way of doing things,
> others may be completely different.

It seems that that might be a good canidate for an external configuration
rather than being built in.

As users/admins come across other sites that use something different, we
they can  add things to the config file.

Example:  Get Subject from X-Subject comment, or from X-HooHah attribute or
whatever the correct HTML term is (dammit Jim, I'm a C programmer, not a
web page author!).

But it should be updatable without recompiling lynx.

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all