Re: lynx-dev Overriding broken gcc (Was: [2.8.1] why no bold links?)

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Overriding broken gcc (Was: [2.8.1] why no bold links?)
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:45:03 -0500

On Fri, Mar 12, 1999 at 07:50:13PM +1100, Tim Benham wrote:

> Thanks, the CC=cc advice was what was needed. Perhaps this could be
> added to the PROBLEMS file as I'm sure it'll happen for someone else.

It's partly in INSTALLATION.  Perhaps this is more detailed:

*** INSTALLATION.df     Thu Mar  4 05:39:45 1999
--- INSTALLATION        Fri Mar 12 13:42:04 1999
***************
*** 394,400 ****
      values rather than computing new ones.  Useful variables include:

        CC - the C compiler.  If you do not override this, configure
!               will try to use gcc.

        CFLAGS - the C compiler options.  These also include C
                preprocessor options (such as -I), since the $CFLAGS and
--- 394,401 ----
      values rather than computing new ones.  Useful variables include:

        CC - the C compiler.  If you do not override this, configure
!               will try to use gcc. For instance, setting CC=cc and
!                 exporting this value will cause configure to use cc instead.

        CFLAGS - the C compiler options.  These also include C
                preprocessor options (such as -I), since the $CFLAGS and
------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
How do you think I feel?