Re: lynx-dev How to find "altURL" in this html/javascript?

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev How to find "altURL" in this html/javascript?
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 11:18:53 +0900 (JST)

> >or use a commercial browser for commercial sites.
[...]
> Also, why should everyone else be forced to use a commercial browser?  What if

The point is that the "commercial sites" are the ones that are attempting
to force people to use a "commercial browser."

I think this thread started with a report based on a falsified agent string.
If someone goes and willfully changes the agent string to report Mozilla or
whatever, then they should be prepared for the consequences.  This list is
concerned about Lynx.  People who care about Lynx don't lie about what
browser they are using.  They use Lynx with pride, and are not intimidated.

Somewhere down the line we all have to make a decision.  Is the site really
so important that we fire up MSIE or Navigator, do we spend the time to
figure out what the javascript is doing, or do we look for an alternate
site that bothers to support a text browser in the first place?

__Henry