Re: lynx-dev xli -quiet

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev xli -quiet
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:11:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Ian Collier wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 09:04:09AM -0400, Thomas E. Dickey wrote:
> > Actually I haven't found this to be a big problem since I modified lynx to
> > adjust the terminal settings (to avoid staircased messages).  That's for
> > ncurses of course.  If someone wants to implement the corresponding code
> > for slang, that would be the way to go.
>
> I'm not seeing staircased messages.  The problem is that the xli info
> usually scrolls the screen, making the display *very* confused if the
> screen isn't refreshed.  Even if that weren't the case I can't see
> that it would be anything less than mildly disruptive to have all
> that text overwriting what was on the screen.

I suppose so - but was giving my experience in that area.  Since xli
writes cooked messages, and ncurses wants to put the screen into raw mode
(actually ocrnl off), my change delayed putting the screen back into raw
mode until I press return - fine if I don't want to have a lot of detached
xli's on the screen.  (After pressing return, lynx repaints the screen).

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net