Re: lynx-dev please $CYGWIN=notty ?

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev please $CYGWIN=notty ?
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 23:06:13 -0300 (E. South America Standard Time)

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 06:24:29PM -0300, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> > What does this error mean ? I tried CYGWIN=notty lynx and got
> > the same error from LYMain.c.
> >
> > It happens using Lynx on Cygwin with screen.
>
> It's from this chunk of code:
>
> #if defined(__CYGWIN__)
>     if (strcmp(ttyname(fileno(stdout)), "/dev/conout") != 0) {
>       printf("please \"$CYGWIN=notty\"\n");
>       exit(EXIT_SUCCESS);
>     }
> #endif
>
> The ttyname() function gives the same result as a
> command-line 'tty' would.  Running in screen you would
> certainly not have some variation of /dev/console as your
> tty.  So it breaks.  Lacking any better idea of what it's
> trying to prevent, I'd just remove that chunk of code.

Do you know when it was added ? I think it worked 5 months ago
with different lynx and screen versions.

I just tried screen.exe 3.9.10 from
http://dellelce.com/code/screen/ . Same error.

And with that version I had to create an empty /etc/ttys to get
screen running. 3.9.13 doesn't need it.

--
address@hidden, {dyndns.}org}