Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx2.8.5dev.13

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx2.8.5dev.13
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 21:39:08 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> I will try to go over all this again and send another report once the
> actual problem is more clear. In the meantime, don't worry about the
> case of the name for the charset (even though I think it might be nice
> to have charset names match those found on iana).
>
> Sorry for creating the problem if this was really an inaccurate
> report.

Looking at this once again (this time with a clear head), the problem
with the French translation not switching character sets had nothing
to do with the case of the charset specified in the .po file. The .mo
file that didn't work was created from the fr.po file that was in
lynx2.8.5dev.8 and previous. The file that works was created from the
fr.po file in lynx2.8.5dev.9 and later. The difference between the two
is the "#, fuzzy" directive in the header of the earlier file. When
this is present, the DOS port of lynx is unable to make the conversion
of character set. When it is absent, the conversion works well. I
don't understand why this makes a difference. I will report this to
the maintainer of the DOS ports of gettext/libiconv.

Once again, my apologies for posting a problem report and patch that
wasn't tested properly.
                            Doug

--
Doug Kaufman