Re: [Lynx-dev] next development snapshot?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] next development snapshot?
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:49:15 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

Hi Tom,

what are your plans for bringing out the next dev. version?

I'd like to do 2-3 more patches before 2.8.6.  I'm halfway through one
patch, but more urgent things pushed lynx down the stack (ncurses, xterm
vile and cdk have gotten attention, lynx, dialog and bcpp haven't).

I'd like to throw out a new development snapshot of MirOS
and consider waiting for the next version of lynx, due to
some problems I'm having with the current one (which I
think you fixed, something to do with over-long lines),
especially with you having said you planned to do them
some time ago.

that sounds familiar, but I'm not sure which bug.  There's a snapshot of
what I have integrated here

        ftp://dickey.his.com/temp/lynx2.8.6dev.11h.patch.gz

I have a patch from LP which I did not integrate, and of course a list of
things I thought I'd complete a month ago. I'll probably cutoff my changes for dev.11 when I come back to lynx and just incorporate LP's
fixes.  But you're not asking about a development snapshot, but a release,
right?  Currently with the way my time's going, that couldn't be before
the end of spring.

Another, more unrelated, one:
$XFree86: xc/programs/xterm/wcwidth.c,v 1.6 2003/10/13 00:58:23 dickey Exp $
Do you expect that file to change or can I use it as a reference
how wide the chars in unicode are? (Minor changes or chars added
newly to Unicode don't count.)

I don't expect it to change - Markus Kuhn implemented it, and building
up tables like that isn't something I like to do.   His latest version
is dated 2003-05-20, and barring bug-fixes, I probably won't change it.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net