Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx display buffer questions

From: patakuti
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx display buffer questions
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 23:47:05 +0900 (JST)

On Tue, 24 May 2005 I wrote:
> > > # I wrote details before.
> > > # http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lynx-dev/2004-02/msg00201.html
> >
> > Sorry; I had forgotten.  What is the status of your iconv patch that
> > you mention in that message?
>
> This patch has been already merged into Lynx's code since 2.8.6dev.4
> (--enable-japanese-utf8).  But this makes it possible only to convert
> utf-8 strings to euc-jp or Shift_JIS.  Reverse conversion isn't
> implemented yet because I thought it was needed seriously.

I wrote an additional patch concerned with this.

http://www.t3.rim.or.jp/~patakuti/tmp/lynx/lynx.patch_for_286dev13

This patch makes lynx to be able to convert euc-jp and Shift_JIS
strings to utf-8.  But unfortunately not to covert iso-2022-jp to
utf-8.
# need more hack to do it.

Anyway I think this patch gives us(Japanese) chance to enjoy WWW more.
For example, using msn search, Wikipedia's search on euc-jp screen and
viewing euc-jp pages on UTF-8 screen.

--
Takeshi Hataguchi
E-mail: address@hidden