[Lynx-dev] AO3 (was Re: lynx and amazon?)

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: [Lynx-dev] AO3 (was Re: lynx and amazon?)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 16:29:36 +0000 (UTC)

Karen Lewellen dixit:

> www.archiveofourown.org
> is a fantastic site for hp fan fiction, for fanworks in general. They are
> committed  to inclusion and rock in lynx.

Only as far as they can do it without extra effort, I’m sorry
to relay from the AO3 support.

Since a while, logging in does not work from lynx any more
there, probably due to their requirement to accept the GDPR
cookie first, which is presented via JS only.

Logging in in Firefox then transplanting the cookies to lynx
works however. I use the following tool:

begin 755 .etc/bin/_ffgetcookies
M(R$O8FEN+VUK<V@*"G!R:6YT("UR("TM(")314Q%0U0@*B!&4D]-(&UO>E]C
M;V]K:65S(%=(15)%(&)A<V5$;VUA:6X@3$E+12`G)20Q)2<[(B!\(%P*("`@
M('-Q;&ET93,@?B\N;6]Z:6QL82]F:7)E9F]X+W-Q9FDQ;FQT+F9F-#4P+V-O
M;VMI97,N<W%L:71E('P@7`H@("`@=VAI;&4@2493/2=\)R!R96%D("UR(&ED
M(&)A<V5$;VUA:6X@;W)I9VEN071T<FEB=71E<R!N86UE('9A;'5E(%P*("`@
M(&AO<W0@<&%T:"!E>'!I<GD@;&%S=$%C8V5S<V5D(&-R96%T:6]N5&EM92!I
M<U-E8W5R92!I<TAT='!/;FQY(%P*("`@(&%P<$ED(&EN0G)O=W-E<D5L96UE
M;G0@<F5S=#L@9&\*"7-E8SU&04Q310H)6UL@)&ES4V5C=7)E(#T@,2!=72`F
M)B!S96,]5%)510H)<')I;G0@+7(@+2T@(B1H;W-T"49!3%-%"21P871H"21S
>96,))&5X<&ER>0DD;F%M90DD=F%L=64B"F1O;F4*
`
end

Adjust the Firefox profile directory (“sqfi1nlt.ff450”) in the
path, call as “_ffgetcookies archiveofourown.org” and append
its output to lynx’ cookies file.

HTH & HAND,
//mirabilos
--
If Harry Potter gets a splitting headache in his scar
when he’s near Tom Riddle (aka Voldemort),