Re: [Lynx-dev] Copyright violation? How?

From: Ian Collier
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Copyright violation? How?
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 01:00:14 +0000

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 09:55:43PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Mouse dixit:
> >#define UA_COPYRIGHT_WARNING \
> > "WARNING: Misrepresentation of the User-Agent may be a copyright violation!"

> Eh, I've never seen that one... not between 2.8.6 and 2.9 anyway.
> If it existed it must be positively ancient.

Yes, you are right.  It appears to me that this text was present in 2.8.2
but was eliminated in 2.8.3dev.13, released October 1999.

* made User-Agent warning more friendly, and more specific.  Tell the user what
  lynx expects in order to avoid the warning.  On the other hand, issue an
  equivalent warning when -useragent is used.  Change documentation
  accordingly.

imc