[Lynx-dev] Any idea what one can do about the people who feel the need t

From: Claudio Calvelli
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Any idea what one can do about the people who feel the need to block lynx
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 23:30:27 +0200

As we all know, there are ignorants who imagine that they need to block
lynx from accessing their sites.  I just contacted one with evidence
that they block based on user-agent and asked why they feel the need to
deny access - and what do they come up with?

Please switch off your VPN or proxy then click here:
https://ceoemail.com

I wasn't using a VPN or proxy, and of course that is completely irrelevant
to their User-Agent filtering. (and of course the URL they quoted resulted
in a "403 forbidden" because they have no idea what they are doing)

Any suggestion on what one can tell these ignorants so they may learn
something?

Claudio Calvelli