Re: [Lynx-dev] Any idea what one can do about the people who feel the ne

From: Travis Siegel
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Any idea what one can do about the people who feel the need to block lynx
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 22:53:22 -0400

Sounds like you got a boiler plate response.  It's unfortunate, but I find a lot of supposed tech support requests these days run up against a brick wall as regards actual help.  You're almost always quoted a nonrelevant piece of gibberish that has no bearing on the problem you're trying to solve.  The only thing to do is continue explaining (nicely if possible, though sometimes, it gets to the point where you just gotta vent on them), and eventually, someone will realize what you're asking isn't covered by their generic template responses, and you'll get an actual response that addresses the issue.  How many iterations this takes varies greatly, and in one case, after over a month of back and forths on a nearly daily basis, I finally gave up, and vowed never to use that site ever again, which interestingly enough I actually broke earlier today, and tried to purchase something else from them, which met with the same exact issues I'd gone back and forth with them about nearly 5 years ago.  Good to know some things never change.