Re: [Lynx-dev] rendering — (0x97)

From: russellbell
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] rendering — (0x97)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 09:00:41 -0600

        Quoth David Woolley: 'Firefox on Debian also faults it:
'adventures —'
        Firefox from Slackware renders it as emdash.  2 of my
resources identify it as em dash.
        Usually you-all ignore my character-rendering comments.  I
don't mind; I edit the source to my preferences.  I bring it up on
this list in case it helps someone else who wants to customize theirs.
        nytimes.com encodes pages that existed before digitization
variously.  It suits me to accommodate their mistakes if it doesn't
conflict with another character.  I don't need 'C1 special code'.  I
suspect it's left over from the good old TTY days - ah polar relays! -
I can hear them now.  They used to be kept behind plexiglass screens
to dampen the noise.

russell bell