Re: [Lynx-dev] rendering — (0x97)

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] rendering — (0x97)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 15:31:16 +0100

On 30/06/2020 14:49, Halaasz Saandor via Lynx-dev wrote:
say text between <ol> and <li>, with the webbrowser free to make any interpretation of it.

Are you sure that the browser is given free reign? I thought the HTML5 principle is that every browser should produce the same output regardless of whether the document was syntactically valid, and that is why they define error cases in such detail.

I think there is also a principle that pre-HTML5 invalid pages should produce results similar to those on mainstream pre-HTML5 browsers.