[Lynx-dev] Keystroke to search via search engine

From: Saniya Maheshwari
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Keystroke to search via search engine
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2022 08:41:26 +0530

Hi,

I just discovered Lynx and I found it really interesting, and I'm planning to replace my regular browser with Lynx for some tasks. I just have one problem, in that it seems to me that the only way to search using a search engine in Lynx, is to type out the URL of the search engine, let that page load, and then type in the search string in the search box. Is there already a simpler way to do this, that I have missed? For example, to set up a default search engine and then use a single keystroke to enter a search query and directly get the results?

Apologies in advance if there is already a way to do this. If not, I am open to implementing such a feature if the rest of the community agrees.

Thanks,
Saniya