mingw-cross-env-list

[Mingw-cross-env-list] On creating packages, source files and checksums.

From: Gregorio Litenstein
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] On creating packages, source files and checksums.
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 10:26:38 -0700

I am asking this again since it got lost/ignored last time.

Is it possible to create a package so that it downloads more than one source package?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm trying to port rust; the problem is rust requires a bootstrap compiler that cannot be built from scratch, we _need_ to either download it or provide it somehow. One possible solution of course would be to have a package for each bootstrap component (there's 3; rustc, rust-std and cargo). That would probably work but would mean keeping bootstrap compilers around on the system after building the real compiler so it's far from ideal.

Another solution maybe would be to make a single package containing both the source and the bootstrap binaries and host it somewhere; this is also not ideal because there would have to be one for each different OS supported by MXE.

The ideal solution of course, would be to be able to have more than one source file for a package. Then I'd be able to pull all required components, check their checksum and get rid of them once they're no longer needed.

Is that last option possible?

And, in case it's not; is it possible to get around the no-download thing (I know this is very discouraged but if there's no other solution...) I promise to be good and verify checksums for anything I download!

--
Gregorio Litenstein Goldzweig
glit_ind.png