mingw-cross-env-list

Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] On creating packages, source files and checks

From: Volker Diels-Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] On creating packages, source files and checksums.
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2019 11:42:25 +0200

Dear Gregorio,

If I haven't missed a new feature in the MXE core, there's currently
no way to have multiple source file per package.

I believe in the past we solved similar issues as follows: Provide one
dummy-package per source file, so they are downloaded and checked. The
last ("main") package then depends on all others and performs the
actual build(s).

Alas, I wasn't able to find a concrete example of that approach at a
first glance.  But maybe you do.  However, it is also possible that
all packages which previously used the above approach were replaced by
separate builds which were percieved to be "cleaner".

If you don't want to go that route, I'd sugest to go your first
approach: I don't see a huge problem in keeping bootstrap compilers
around, as long as their binariy names are properly and consistently
prefixed.

Either way, if you have further questions, feel free to open an issue
tracker entry on that.  Maybe you'll get more/better responses there:

    https://github.com/mxe/mxe/issues

Regards,
Volker

--