mingw-cross-env-list

[Mingw-cross-env-list] Am I doing something wrong?

From: Paul Buxton
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Am I doing something wrong?
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 18:13:46 +0100

So I am trying to use MXE to build subsurface using their instructions @ https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/blob/master/packaging/windows/mxe-based-build.sh

during the MXE make process I get a failure building qtbase.
Log here https://gist.github.com/buxtonpaul/50f1bab873591c31685b36a3221d0a7c

This is building onĀ  a Ubuntu 16 system.
What is interesting is that I got what looks like exactly the same problem attempting to build on WSL....
I am wondering if I have misunderstood something. Should I have already installed the packages locally that I am trying to setup via MXE? My impression is that the MXE make process fetches the packages it needs, am I wrong?

Thanks,
Paul