[MIT-Scheme-devel] callbacks

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] callbacks
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:38:07 -0500

   Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:03:52 +0000
   From: Matt Birkholz <address@hidden>

   I see dynamic interfaces to libraries like libgdbm and libpq in the
   microcode.  I assume they do not call back into Scheme.  SWAT went to
   some pains to avoid callbacks.  Is there any hope for something like
   guile-gnome in MIT/GNU Scheme?

   Would I need a new kind of primitive that gets off the current
   stacklet, switching to one the garbage collector will not need to
   move, with a callback tramp that switches back to run the Scheme
   callback... or sump'n?

An undergraduate has implemented a new foreign-function call
interface, which supports callbacks.  He is finishing it up this term
and at some point we will integrate it into the system.