Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] multi-threading problem: Unassigned variable: roo

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] multi-threading problem: Unassigned variable: root-continuation-default
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 15:51:00 +0000

   Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 22:56:10 -0400
   From: "Micah Brodsky" <address@hidden>

   This code snippet causes the REPL input to hang until you ^C:

   (call-with-current-continuation
     (lambda (k)
       (create-thread k
         (lambda ()
           (call-with-current-continuation
             (lambda (j)
               (within-continuation k
                 (lambda () (j #f)))))))))

Weird.  I don't know what's going on there -- obviously something's
spinning somewhere, but it's not clear what.  All that should happen,
I think, is that the REPL should proceed normally and the thread you
created should terminate without doing anything.  But the REPL thread
starts to spin somewhere until it gets a thread event or interrupt.

`C-c t' in an interpreted world suggests that it is spinning in a
state space transition, which would not be surprising; I'm not sure I
believe our state space transition algorithm or semantics...