Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] threads

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] threads
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 13:25:50 +0000

   Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 09:45:43 +0300
   From: David Gray <address@hidden>

   When I saw the ..-c I remembered that home-brew compiles everything so:
   I downloaded the binary and:
   cd /Applications/MIT:GNU Scheme.app/Contents/Resources
   ./mit-scheme
   1] => (sleep-current-thread 100) works as expected

   I occasionally use large vectors so I'll keep LIAR/C around but switching
   to LIAR/x86-64
   solves the (sleep-current-thread ...) problem.

I can't reproduce the issue with LIARC either (although I tried only
LIARC from Git master, not from 9.1.1).

Either way, homebrew should not use LIARC -- it should use the native
amd64 distribution.  There is no substantive difference between the
two in terms of `compiling everything'; the native amd64 distribution
is better in every respect -- faster, more reliable, and just as
capable of handling large vectors.  If you can suggest this to the
homebrew maintainers, I encourage you to do so.